The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, April 14, 2006

Finally, a day off...

GREETINGS:
You are hereby notified to appear before the Honorable (____________), Judge, (____) District Court, Central Jury Room, Bexar County Justice Center Basement, (address), San Antonio, Texas at (date and time) then and there to be qualified to serve as petit juror in the several district and county courts of Bexar County. You are cautioned under penalty of law to answer this summons in person at the above time and date.

This is the second one of these I've gotten in my lifetime; the first came when I was at UT, so I had an excuse to miss it. Now... I'm actually looking forward to this.

Other than how to dress ("no shorts," the letter says), what should I do to prepare for one of these? Anything special I should bring? Anything I should say (or not say)?

1 Comments:

  • just avoid the "i'm with stupid" shirts... when i had jury duty, people wore all sorts of things, including t-shirts (which i would not advise). it was the summer, and no one was sent home for sluttiness/ jerkiness or anything.

    By Blogger Norman Rose, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home