The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Alright, a quick update or two before bed.

I made it back from LA in one piece (no thanks to our pilot on the way back from Austin who decided to throw us around a little bit during the approach). Here's some of what transpired.

-"I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES!": Still haven't seen the movie, but I saw so much advertising for it, I almost feel bad if I don't see it soon. Mainly just the famous graphic with the interlocking snakes and the jet, but it wasd plastered everywhere: on billboards, postcards, even the side of an office building near out hotel. Me and my friend started quoting Sam Jackson by the end of the trip.

- HATE ME TODAY, HATE ME TOMORROW: From about 8 or 9 p.m. last Tuesday to around 2 p.m. on Sunday, I was with my friend Laura. Some words to describe her during the trip: hard-headed, stubborn, cute, drunk, frustrating... the list can go on for a while. When we got back to her apartment, where my car was parked, I pretty much took off right then and there back to S.A. Don't get me wrong, she's a great friend, and you're only hearing my side of things. But any more time together, and I wonder if we'd still be friends.

- HOPEFULLY THE THIRD TIME WILL BE THE CHARM: Went back to try and be a contestant on The Price Is Right. Didn't happen. This may be a separate post soon, but I think I've figured out the best way to go about it to save energy, effort and sanity.

- SUMMA CUM LAUDE IN PAPARAZZI: We ended up seeing three celebrities during our travels in L.A. (to be explained further in another post): Kathy Griffin, Heidi Klum and Stockard Channing. One D-Lister, and two A-listers put our star-gazing GPA at a solid 3.00. (Better than what I ever got in college...)

I'd blog about sleep and other subjects, but I could use it right now. More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home