The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, June 27, 2002

Corporate deception...
Out-of-control wildfires...
The criminalization or the Pledge of Allegiance...
Foreigners infiltrating the NBA...
Shopping with my mom....

FOR GOD'S SAKE, STOP THE HORRAH!!!

Before I get to the juicy stuff, let me introduce you to my friend, Michelle. Apparently, after hearing my rave about my illustrious blog (insert laugh track here), she got inspired to start one. And she also got her idea of infrequent posts from me as well... But check it out, she's surprisingly well spoken for someone who can't buy her own liquor...

Okay, course update. I'm still at the same point that I was when I last posted, but I finally made a timeline for my dad. If I follow it (and trust me, that's a pretty damn big if), I'll have all my lessons completed by July 3. Hopefully I can pull it off. Your prayers are welcomed.

So let me tell you about a girl I know named Suzanne. We met during the Spring of 2001 at a mixer between the fraternity I belonged to, and the sorority that she was in. We hit it off immediately. We talked, we went to a club, we danced, we kissed, we went to my place, we kissed some more....well, you get the idea. Since that time, we've been on and off more times than a lamp powered by the Clapper. I mean, she's a nice girl. Pretty smart, easy on the eyes, laughs at all my jokes, loves UT football... what's not to love?

But there are some bad points, and that's kinda what I want to riff on. She has a tendency to be a bit clingy at times. A few months after we were going out, she had a dream about me proposing. When I bought tickets to head to Montreal to see a friend of mine get married, she was less than thrilled. Even worse, when I got back, my friend Amy came in from Michigan to see me for a few days. That wasn't awkward at all... Well, now we've broken up for maybe the last time a couple of weeks ago. (Of course, if I end up marrying this girl, I don't want to read a bunch of "I told you so" e-mails...) And it seems like she's still being somewhat clingy. She talked about wanting to come visit me here in SA this weekend. I told her no, but she's still coming next week for an interview with a modeling agency. (That's only one day, what's the harm in that?)

Anyway, the reason I'm trying to put some distance between myself and her is because if I'm around her for any length of time, I start remembering how nice making out with her is, and I begin to get all grabby. (Good ol' American male libido...don't you just love it?) Bad thing is, I don't know any women here in SA to be grabby with. If you can help fix this, please e-mail me... ;)

So another lengthy rant comes to a close. More to come...

P.S. If you happen to read Amy's blog, tell her to update it, will ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home