The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Alright, I requested more questions from everyone's favorite professor of complexification studies. So, here we go...

1. Why did you first start blogging?
Because everyone else was doing it. And by "everyone else," I mean my friend Amy. Ironically, her blog has since gone silent. I've tried keeping paper journals in the past, but never kept them going for more than a week or so, so I figured that this might be a good way to keep up with some long-term soul-searching. (And, as you may tell by reading the archives, I'm still searching.)

2. What CD are you currently recommending to others, and why?
John Legend, "Get Lifted." Wonderfully earnest love songs, great grooves, and a voice that's smoother than 800-count bedsheets. (Don't I have a future as a music critic?)

3. If you could be any character in a movie, which would you choose and why?
Hmmm... I think it'd have to be Mike from "Swingers." He learns how to really be good with women (and with himself as well), and even gets the girl in the end. (No, not like that, you sick fucks...)

4. What one superhero power would you most like to have?
Invisibility. And if you have to ask why, you don't know me very well.

5. What qualities are you looking for in a woman?
Well, this is the $10,000,000 Question now, isn't it? Here's a small list of what I'm looking for...
  • Smarts. Not just a college degree, but an actual working knowledge of the world at large. If she knows the last five presidents, last five NBA champions and last five Best Picture Oscar winners, that'll be a good start.
  • Skills. If she can change a tire, shoot pool and/or darts, tell a dirty joke, write, or (even better) teach me how to do something new, that'd be great.
  • Vocabulary. If she can refer to them as "dogs" and "cats," instead of "doggies" and "kitties," that'd be great.
  • Etc. If she has that little je nais se qua, that'd be even better.

That's about it. Any ideas where I can find her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home