The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, January 06, 2007

About this time last year, I came up with a list of things I wanted to accomplish before the end of 2006. Some were successful endeavors, others, not so much. I'll tell you about those in the future, but it's time to look ahead.

During work on Tuesday, I was reading some different articles online about how to start the new year off right with diets and money. In between phone calls (since things were light that day due to the markets being closed), I came up with another list. Instead of resolutions, this is more of a to-do list for the month. Maybe giving myself a timeline will encourage a more urgent need to accomplish the tasks.

So, I resolve to (hopefully) do the following before Jan. 31, 2007:

  • Lose 5 pounds (currently at 179.6, took one step toward that goal, more later)
  • Reduce credit card debt by 20% (currently ~$3100)
  • Host one dinner party (excuse to get me to clean my place)
  • Read one book (have a few that I've bought and haven't read)
  • Pray a novena

My first step toward the weight loss goal was taken this morning, while watching QVC. I'd seen ads for the Nutrisystem program, especially their ads targeting men. (If Dan Marino can lose weight, so can I!) So I ordered four weeks of food from the channel at their "special" price. Unfortunately, I charged it to the credit card, further putting me into debt. But I'm hoping that this will curb my food spending, letting me put some extra cash to paying off the plastic.

Anyway, here's to a good start for '07.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home