The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, April 01, 2007

INGREDIENTS FOR A PRETTY GOOD WEEKEND:

- Sunshine after what seemed like weeks of clouds and rain.
- A marathon of American Gladiators on ESPN Classic.
- Mowing my parents' lawn. (Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with the idea at first, but they needed the help, especially after my dad's minor operation earlier this week)
- A call from a friend for ice cream which turned into a fun night of dinner, dessert and Dance Dance Revolution.
- The same friend (who told me earlier that I'd make a good priest) saying that I'd make a good husband and father. (Honestly, I started tearing up a bit; I've not gotten a lot of compliments from people lately, but hearing one like that really made me feel good.)
- An invite from a work friend to go hit golf balls this morning.
- Great weather to play golf.
- Some good shots on the practice range.
- Some good Mexican food for breakfast.
- Seeing my old friend at the restaurant.
- An afternoon nap.
- Palm Sunday Mass.
- A meeting with the church's young adult group.
- Dinner afterwards, with a new member, a 20-year-old nursing student who has good taste in skirts.
- Finding out "Deal or No Deal" is holding auditions in town April 17.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home