The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday morning, my phone rang. It was my dad, asking me to come over to the house for lunch. He said that they had something to tell me. Right away, I started wondering what the subject would be about.



On the way to the house, my mind went over the possible scenarios. Even though my dad said the news wasn't about them, I thought that the line might have been a cover of some sort. Would they be selling the house? Was my grandmother (who has been living with them for some time) not well?



When I got home, my dad handed me an article he printed from the web. I first noticed the headline, "Would-be groom dies suddenly after party," before I noticed the couple in the picture. Immediately, my heart sank over what I would hear about.



The Timmons' have been friends with my parents for years, even before I was born. I remember visiting with the family, especially their daughter, Tracy. I had a bit of a crush on her, and showed it by chasing her around the house playfully, in an attempt to kiss her. (Mind you, I was in elementary school at the time.) One night, while I was in high school, I was watching TV in the living room when my mom walked in. She solemnly gave me the news that Tracy had passed away. She had run away from home, and was living with friends at the time. One night, she had some drinks, and because of some sort of heart ailment, she died.

If you're the praying type, mind saying a few words for the family? They could definitely use it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home