The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, June 28, 2002

(Alrighty...back-to-back posts...dear Lord, I must be feelin' it now...)

Okay, random link of the night. LAURGASM. From what I can pick up, she's a nice rawk chic white girl who goes to Southern Cal. I do like that she posted lyrics to 311's "Amber." (Their latest album is a favorite in my car.) Gotta love the "Recently Published" list on Blogger....

Okay, so I submitted a lesson this afternoon. Five more to go before I can take the final. Here's hoping I pull it off.

You know, I wonder about this whole "becoming a grown up" thing. I mean, having to separate myself from all the things I held dear in my early days (Whammies, Big Red soda, etc.) to become my own person in the "real world." Take today for example. This whole thing with the Pledge of Allegiance has got me thinking. Yeah, what about the atheists who feel forced/coerced/whatever to say the phrase "One Nation Under God"? But then again, even though the concept of the separation of church and state does not have a mention in any official document, isn't there some sort of thing of religious freedom mentioned somewhere? (I said American Studies was my major, not history...)

Anyway, a short, mindless rant. Off to bed with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home