The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, December 17, 2002

My grandmother has passed.

Wednesday, before I went into work, my dad told me that his mom succumbed to Alzheimer's. She's been fighting it since the 80s, and has been in a nursing home for the last nine years. Thank God that her suffering is over.

My dad is no longer unemployed. Today, he found out that he got a job that he interviewed for back in early November. He starts in early January.

Yesterday, I worked a swing shift at the store to help restock DVDs. Went in at around 10 p.m., left at 6 a.m. And I've been tired all day today. Worst thing is that I can't fall asleep right now. (Hopefully the Tylenol P.M. will work...)

A good thing happened to me when I came back. Decided to pass some time by checking e-mail and stuff, when the following IMs are exchanged...

BrownBoyUT: Holy crap... I don't know what to be more shocked at...you being online, or you being online at 4 am...
BrownBoyUT: How are ya?
LilLaurSTP: hey stranger
LilLaurSTP: yeah i'm making a rare appearance
LilLaurSTP: pulling an all nighter

That's right. My second-favorite Trojan, Lauren (with an "e") made an appearance on AIM. Hopefully she kicked ass on her last final...

So this Internet feedback thing might actually be more than a rumor. While looking around blogs today, I came upon this amusing story. I (being the curious guy that I am) wondered on her message board whether she had photographic proof. Hours later, the proof was given. I swear, every time I read a blog from NYC, I always go back to that class that I loved/hated. Funny thing is, I think I was the only person in that class who didn't have solid or possible plans to go there. Maybe that will change soon. (I highly doubt that, though...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home