The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, January 27, 2003

I almost did something REAL stupid tonight.

I talked with Suzanne tonight on the phone. (No, that's not it in itself, but stay with me on this...)
We'd been talking about a few things. Work, marriage, etc. And we'd gotten to talk about sex. She just recently purchased her first toy, thanks in part to me sending her this link. Well, that got us to talking about other things sexual (exploring our own sexuality, the thought of being too sexual, etc.), and that was when I almost did something.

I came thisclose to telling her about my sexual episodes since we last broke up. Now, I haven't been in that many "grown-up" relationships to know for sure, but I'm certain that doing this could only cause pain for me. Why I wanted to do that, I'm still not sure. I've been on a little bit of a self-discovery roll the last couple of nights, somehow I thought that this would aid my "healing." I mean, it seems like other people are able to talk about sex openly enough. Then again, if I was totally truthful with Suzanne about just who I've had sex with in these past few months, I'm sure there'd be no end to the slapping.

Any ideas? Advice? Verbal escape routes? PLEASE let me know....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home