The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, February 27, 2003

Mister Rogers passed away.

I cried when I read this today. I mean, I watched him like any other kid that had a television in the house. Fred Rogers wasn't the thing that got me the most excited about TV (the Muppets and Bob Barker took care of that). But I think I've grown more appreciative for his work in the last few years. I remember a magazine article naming him an American hero, reading about how kids and adults alike glowed in his presence.

In his passing, a part of my childhood (and, indeed, a part of everyone's childhood) is gone forever. It's too bad that I work during the afternoons now. I admit I haven't been back to the Neighborhood in quite some time. I think I'm going to plan a visit there very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home