The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, January 30, 2003

So this day got better in a hurry.

Started off with me opening at Best Buy (bad). Then I got my schedule for next week; my last day is Wednesday. (decent) Then I got off work. (okay) Then the doorbell rang, the mailman had a special delivery for me.

Back in July of 1996, I started on a long, arduous journey for this delivery. 12 semesters, over 120 credit hours, five roommates, and numerous crushes later, I've got it.

I got my degree from the University of Texas at Austin.


I tell you, I was almost Tigger-like in all the jumping around I did when I got it. Now I realize that all the stress, worry, anxiety, panic (as well as some effort) was worth it. I'll more than likely do some celebrating tonight. (Hell, I may even give my friend John a call.) Thank goodness I don't go in tomorrow until 5:30 or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home