The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Since I can't sleep, I might as well blog.

Okay, to elaborate on the previous post...

ISSUE 1: My November plans. I'll be taking a little trip again, this time, by myself, and this time, to the opposite coast. (Bi-coastal in the span of 3 or 4 months... this must be how the "other half" lives.) I'm off to Los Angeles, California for a week of fun, sun, and other rhyming words. So if any readers out there know of stuff that I absolutely MUST DO while I'm there, drop me a comment.

ISSUE 2: The ex. Yeah... things are wierd there, and this needs its own post. More to come...

ISSUE 3: The gal from the station. A planned lunch turned into a quick conversation about work (which seems to be all we can ever talk about) while standing in line at Wendy's getting stuff to go (she got two orders of nuggets, I had the Big Bacon Classic). Her birthday is in 37 minutes, and I sent her an e-card to commemorate it. She wrote me an e-mail after she got it, saying, in part, "Thanks for the card.... That's sweet." Who knows if this is the kiss of death for me or not. She did call me up to join her for some drinks tonight. I would go, if only I didn't work in 4 hours...

ISSUE 4: My friend, known to the Internet world as Sophia Someday (see her journal on the LEFT column). While I was trying to vent about frustrations online a few days ago, she dropped the following on me....

corkscrewed_97s: you still have cute dimples.
brown_boy: Do I?
corkscrewed_97s: I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
brown_boy: Thank you.
corkscrewed_97s: they sort of walk the line between cherubic and "I'm about to set something on fire, guess what it is"

She just plain rocks.

ISSUE 5: Spent almost all of Wednesday afternoon looking at houses and apartments to move into with a friend of mine. (And when I say "looking at," that's literally what we did. Drove by, saw places with signs out front, and took down information.) We're going to look at a loft in the downtown area tomorrow. Housewarming party invitations to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home