The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, July 04, 2003

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Usually, about this time, I'd be workin' it at the station (or, just workin', period). But, since I'm off today, allow me to fill you in on what's been going on.

Last week, I went along with my family to the East Coast to visit an aunt of mine who lives out there. Now, I know I kept telling people that I was going to "visit Boston," but during the 5 days we were over there, I think we spent a grand total of around 15 hours actually in Boston. Side trips to Ogunquit, Maine and Newport, Rhode Island were involved as well. Some highs (visiting Fenway Park, winning $20 on a Massachusetts Lottery scratcher) and some lows (frustrations with my folks, not able to do anything on my own), but it was a good trip. Especially memorable when capped off by a picnic in the baggage claim area of the airport along with a celebrity sighting.

So Suzanne quit her j-o-b up in Austin, and is trying to get one here in SA. And all of a sudden I find myself involved with her again. Even made the mistake of dropping the "three little words" when I might not have meant it fully. (And, in the process, making the last statement of this post of Hayley's even more true...) How I'll get out of this one, I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home