The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

I tell you what, life as an insomniac isn't as pretty as Dave Atell makes it out to be.

This past week has been pretty rough. Hardly got any sleep, therefore making me enjoy my job a lot less. Fortunately, that all changed yesterday. I got home at around 9, slept straight till 4:30. Did that today as well. That, plus two days of overtime helps to increase one's job satisfaction.

So I've been thinking about this blog and what purpose it has been serving. I've been reading blogs for a while now (ever since Amy started her first one), had this blog going since last June (a one-year anniversary party for the blog?). But the biggest reason that I started this thing (ranting to an unknown Internet audience about life) seems to have gone by the wayside.

Now I could be like Hayley and discuss my sexual history and current sexual partners (which would make for a quick read). I could be like Kristi and be profound, intelligent and deeply personal in my posts. (See here for an example.) But, for whatever reason (caring too much about what others think of me, embarrassment at work, etc.), I've found myself holding back and just discussing superficial issues such lap dances, game shows and sports. After hearing a lot of people discuss about how great blogs are, I find myself wanting to be able to just let go. Maybe there's a class I can take...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home