The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, April 11, 2003

The things they show on TV nowadays...

While relaxing at home this afternoon, I was flipping around the cable channels, when I saw something interesting on ESPN2. NCAA Softball. Now, usually, I'd seen games in the past on Fox Sports Net, but this was a surprise. An even bigger surprise when I saw who was playing. Texas and OU.

Cool thing was, it was actually a pretty good game. A pitchers' duel going into the 7th inning (only 7 innings in regulation softball), tied at 0-0. A few things struck me that have caused me to blog...
1- The awesomeness of Longhorn pitcher Cat Osterman. Can you say SEVENTEEN strikeouts? The team has had a history of having great pitchers, and it looks to keep going.
2- I didn't catch the end due to having dinner with my folks, but UT won in the bottom of the 9th, 1-0. Apparently, this was a big game, UT being ranked #5, OU ranked #4.
3- Apparently Jennie Finch (great pitcher and mega-babe) was doing color commentary. Unfortunately, ESPN didn't provide any shots of the booth during the game.
4- I saw something that totally cracked me up. Apparently the acting isn't going so well for Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Looks like things are so rough, that's he enrolled at OU and is playing shortstop for the women's team. If you don't believe me, see for yourself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home