The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, April 17, 2003

This full-time thing is going to kick my ass.

Had my first shift today. All in all, things went pretty well. But it's gonna take a while to get used to these early shifts I have. Let's just say that when I leave for work, people are leaving the bars. I was totally dragging halfway through the shift. Hopefully things will go better tomorrow morning...

One thing about this job, though: I now have no excuse for not knowing stuff. Which is good, for when I go to L.A. and try out for "Jeopardy!" Note: on going to the website, I see their "Brain Bus" is in town next week. But they'll only be around during the time I'm working. Someone tell me why I was so enthusiastic about this shift, again? ;)

Speaking of current events, I see that our lovely City Council has changed the laws concerning adult clubs. What I find funny about this is that the city is still in negotiations with the Dallas Cowboys for them to hold their training camp in the Alamodome this summer. I'm starting to think that this might be a drawback...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home