The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, May 13, 2003

8 shopping days left...

So last week I was called into a quick little meeting at work with my supervisor and his boss (head of the department). At first, I was worried that they were gonna chew me out for something. But they told me that the "probation" tag that I was carrying since last month was going to be removed. That's right, folks. It's official. I'll now be receiving benefits (as well as free cable) from the station. And to think it only took me about three months to get there.

Even better, later that day, that station had a little party (complete with large chocolate cake) for all the people at the station with May birthdays. I even got a break from the audio board to enjoy said cake. Chocolate and health insurance... what a way to go.

Okay, so I had another little crisis of conscience yesterday (following a concert with Godsmack and Stone Sour, among others). Not as bad as last week's episode, but still bad enough. I did figure out two parallels between these occurances.

A) I had been drinking. (Not as much yesterday, the venue charged $6+ a beer...)
B) I had missed church. (Last week due to sleeping after work, this week due to the concert, Mother's Day activities, and sleeping)

So I tried to get to Mass today. I had a grand plan to go to Daily Mass where I used to go to church up in Austin, and follow it up with lunch with Suzanne. It didn't happen, due to the fact that I didn't get to sleep last night until 5 or so, woke up around 3. I'm thinking of trying again tomorrow, but it's not looking too good.

I guess I've been wrestling with something during the last few days. The problem of transitioning from dumbass college student to dumbass adult. I guess I'm having trouble really nailing down what defines me as a person. I've also been trying to do some new things, as well as figuring out what else I want to try. I've done indoor rock climbing, tried to get back into swing dancing... hell, I even bought a book last week (and read it as well)!

Suffice to say, I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one going through this. I only hope I get through it soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home