The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, June 16, 2003

While leaving a message on a girl's cell phone for a possible lunch outing today, I used the phrase "hit me up on my cell."

I've been grimacing ever since.

So the Spurs are NBA champions. I watched the game last night with a couple of friends. What I wouldn't give to have been there, though...

A quick update of what's been going on since my last regular post. Still have a job, and the shift is still kicking my ass at times. Even worse is when people hear of my shift and say, "I could never do that," or "I hated doing that shift." Yeah, makes me feel a LOT better about my life when I hear that. If only certain people can help me find stimulants to make this shift work easier on me...

I actually got a number for the first time in forever. Last night, after the game, we went to a pool hall for some beers. A girl who was in nurse's scrubs kept looking at me (and I kept looking at her). After a while we got to talking, said I looked like a cousin of hers. After some talk about jobs and stuff, I got her number. Here's hoping I don't screw this one up.

So if you've read the comments, you're aware of a new associate producer that's at the station. She is pretty cute, I must say. Obviously, our resident smart-ass AP is somewhat smitten with her. Hopefully, he'll pull it off, there's not much in the way of intra-office romance at my work. (Which may or may not be a good thing...)

That's all for me... I'll try to put streak together tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home