The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Went to Austin today to help Suzanne out with her big move. You may remember me saying that she quit her job and was looking for one here in town. Well, she hasn't found one, and has ended up having to move back home with her parents. She's not very happy about the prospect, but I try and tell her that it's not that bad. (A lot of people are doing it currently, I try and tell her that she's just keeping up with the current trend.)

Anyway, she had asked me to come help take apart her bed. I got to her apartment, and started just about as soon as I walked through the doorway. She told me that she had loosened some screws already (the ones that held the posts to the bed frame). So when I went to take the box spring off of the frame, the whole thing almost fell apart, nearly hitting me (and her) in the head. Nice to see that all my major concussions can happen in the capital city. (Long story, I'll tell you later...)

Avoiding that disaster, it only took about 10 minutes to collapse the frame into two metal bars. We then spent the next few hours hanging out: lunching at a New York-style deli, hanging out on the UT campus and reminiscing about our time as students. And I wanted it to end SO soon!

Seems everytime we hang out, she always gets upset about what she's facing. I just so much want to say, "Snap out of it! Suck it up, and DO SOMETHING about it. Quit yer whining!" But, of course, I try and be gentle. ;)

I'm still wondering about that call I got last night from my friend from work. She said she wqas watching the station, and when she saw a snafu, somehow she thought to call me. Thank goodness that I was still somewhat coherent after leaving the bar...

Happy birthday to our resident Smart-Ass AP, Eric! Since I went to Austin, I wa sunable to partake in the big birthday luncheon he planned for today.

One of these days, I'm actually going to do some "serious" blogging about stuff that's not about me or my dating life (or lack thereof)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home