The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, November 03, 2003

DATELINE: SANTA MONICA, CA

$1 for 5 minutes of internet access?! You gotta be kidding me! This Interactive Cafe stinks! Before I signed on, I asked the gal at the counter whether they had postcards. (There were magazines and greeting cards, I thought I'd luck out and find some.) She told me "no." I turned around toward a corner of the store, and found a small circular rack of postcards. Do I have the words "Dumb Tourist" tatooed on my forehead, or what?

No rain the rest of the day. (Ironically, right after I walked out of a store with a new umbrella...)

Radio here stinks. One station in particular, Star 98.7, seems to believe that people talking is preferable to music. Just hacks me off, especially when I'm driving (even when it's not in California). One funny thing, though... Going to their website, I see Ryan Seacrest (afternoon drive-time "personality") won the Radio Music Award for Air Personality of the Year. Here's the thing: weren't the RMA's put on by Clear Channel (who owns Star 98.7)? Just asking.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be meeting my friend soon. He works around here. Kind of surprising how close this place is to the UCLA campus. It's a wonder anyone graduates from that place with all the stuff around here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home