The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, July 19, 2004

Alrighty, time for some elaboration.
 
- BLIND DATES : My folks set me up with a gal last Sunday. She used to work with my mom about a year or so ago, now she works in a different department. My parents, she and I met up at a casual Mexican restaurant (is there any other type?), then her and I went to Dave and Buster's for some game-playing. (I was off my ass, had the best Skee-Ball game of my pro career with almost 400 points, winning over 600 tickets in the process. Twice, I had to call attendants to refill game machines with tickets because I emptied them. This is almost akin to a 3-homerun game, I tell you.) She was nice enough, brown too. (A rarity for me, take my word for it.) No dates since then, just a couple of phone calls. She's supposed to call me up tonight (or was it me calling her?) for a movie.
 
- TURNING THE PAGE : Because of this date, things between Suzanne and I were gonna change. Long story short, we decided to not talk for a while. Lately, we'd been hanging out a lot. Going to dinner and lunch sometimes, watching TV while spooning on the couch. (Okay, so maybe that's more than hanging out...) I needed to stop it, and this seemed like the perfect way to do that. We'll see how this round of "separation" goes.
 
- THE BLUES: Kinda felt like crap afterwards. More Melon Collie than Infinite Sadness, but it still sucked.
 
In other news...
 
So I've been trying to read more "high-falutin'" blogs lately (Instapundit, Relapsed Catholic, etc.), and yet there's no mention of one of the biggest intellectual phenomenas of the year.
 
The Ken Jennings Machine.
 
Why the Internet intellectuals haven't discussed, lauded, dissected or otherwise brought up his performance is beyond me. Yeah, yeah, Joe Wilson, gay marriage and other issues are probably more important. But I'm surprised that smart people aren't giving dap to one of their own.
 
Okay, off my soapbox now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home