The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, July 31, 2004

So let me tell you a story about going out...

My roommate called up about 10 of his friends to join him at a local music club to see a band called Blaze. The music was nice enough, but I guess it wasn't really my thing. The roomie was totally geeked to see this group, but I just wasn't feeling it. On top of that, seeing all the beautiful people around with their equally beautiful partners didn't make me feel any better. All of a sudden, I started hating my singleness. I swear, this whole "greener grass on the other side" thing can really wreak havoc with my mind sometimes. All the while, I was seeing my roommate being his charming self. (He can really piss me off sometimes...)

Four of us ended up going to another bar later that night. During this time, a female in our party just crashed out on one of the couches. (She said she was tired.) Between my suave roommate and seeing all the pretty women that I couldn't talk to (much less even have a shot with), I really wasn't feeling high on myself. At the end of the night, I had to drive a car to our place so that the aforementioned woman of our group could have a place to crash.

I'd been thinking about what one could do to improve their status in the dating pool. This piece over at The Volokh Conspiracy has some ideas on what I could do. (Andrew Sullivan has other thoughts on the topic.) There's even a TV show designed to improve people's chance's with the opposite sex. And yet I'm still in a slump. I hate to sound whiny here, but this sucks. Maybe one of these days I'll get out of this funk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home