The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A few weeks into the job search, and not a damn thing.

I haven't been the best at following up on things I find online or in the paper, partly due to moving but mostly due to laziness. Nevertheless, I am still as of yet unemployed.

Went to dinner Monday night with some friends to wish farewell to two co-workers of mine who are moving to San Diego. One of them got a job with a firm that does technology work for non-profits, the other's gonna try and get a job in law enforcement. I really hope they enjoy themselves out there and flourish. (I also hope they don't kill each other during the roadtrip from San Antonio to SoCal...)

Truth be told, I have no idea what I want to do next. Part of me wants to go further in this TV thing, either as an associate producer, or possibly continuing with the technical side of things. But other parts of me want to try different things. (Produce and sell my own show, get back into radio, etc.) My mom even pulled an ad from the paper to be an English teacher in Japan. (One more time: English teacher. In Japan.) Of course, after reading about one person's difficulty in finding a job, I guess I should take some solace in knowing that I'm not alone. (Either that, or start combing the London want ads.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home