The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

So tonight was the first fight since the move. Apparently spending $20 a month on an ISP I don't use isn't kosher to my dad. I'm sure it'll go away with a night's sleep.

Last night, I started going through my closet to find some... well, very interesting items from my past: affirmation notes from the numerous retreats I went on during high school and college, old yearbooks and autograph pages from several last days of school, and numerous letters and cards sent from the many females I took a liking to (including my first bona-fide girlfriend).

Among the items, old papers journals that I kept for maybe a couple of weeks or so, then stopped writing in. (Sound familiar?)

In the postmodern spirit of the old becoming new again, I hereby begin a new series of posts: The Early Years of the Brown Boy. I'm sure someone somewhere will enjoy them, if for nothing than to see how an insecure 17-year-old kid can grow up to become an insecure 26-year-old man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home