The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, October 11, 2004

I was fascinated by this post over on Volokh. Orin Kerr had asked questions about the war in Iraq, and got lots of interesting responses. In the same vein, I'd like to ask some questions of the Internet public.

I'm still undecided about whom I'll vote for this November, so I'm asking all my readers (and anyone else who happens to stumble onto this blog) to answer the following questions. Hopefully, this will start an intelligent conversation, and give me a clue as to whom I should vote for.

QUESTION 1: Have you made up your mind for whom you will vote for president this November, and, if so, for whom will you vote?
QUESTION 2: If you have decided on a candidate, what are the main reasons/issues behind you throwing your support behind him?
QUESTION 3: Again, assuming you've settled on a candidate, where do you disagree with him?
QUESTION 4: Since I live in the reddest of red states (Texas), should I even bother voting in three weeks?

If you have a blog, post your answers to these questions on your blog, and drop a comment telling me where to find your answers.

This should be interesting...

Edit: corrected month of the election. I was REAL tired when I first typed this up, apparently.

1 Comments:

  • I may answer these on my blog at a later date, but here we go:

    QUESTION 1:
    I have made up my mind and I will be voting for Kerry

    QUESTION 2:
    I support Kerry because I'm embarrassed by the situation that Bush has put us in internationally (there's not a country out there who thinks highly of us right now); I'm pro-choice, I'm pro nationalized health care, which he's not going to provide, but it's a step in the right direction. We need a higher minimum wage, we need regulation of pharmaceutical and insurance companies. The list goes on, but that's a beginning.

    QUESTION 3:
    I don't think he's going far enough in terms of health care, but there are real limitations there. I'm really frustrated with his position on Israel, but again, there are political limitations there and all presidential candidates pander to the Jewish vote. And I think that he should take a stronger stand on the issue of gay marriage. There's no reason to limit any human being's right to happiness.


    QUESTION 4:
    As a citizen of this country, and of the world at large, you have an obligation to do what you can to improve the situation at home and abroad. It's not just an election for president, there are state and local issues that need consideration too, and the race between Lloyd Doggett and his competitor (Becky Klein) is an extremely close race. There's a sherriff up for election, as well as a number of referendums, etc. It's not just a vote for the president.

    By Blogger krisluvswool, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home