The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, August 22, 2005

Is it a bad thing that I started to try and hit on a woman at the tire shop?

In other news, things have been interesting with G lately. The reason she came back home to S.A., her mother, left this world on July 15. I attended the memorial service that was held a couple of weeks later. G's sister came up to me and said hello (she was in my marching band section). She told me that G was happy that I was there, which made me feel a little better. I didn't get a chance to talk to her much at the reception afterwards, since I had to get to work (took off a half-day).

A few days later, G told me about a job interview she had lined up out of state. Seems she found a position at the school where she did her grad work, and, since she knew some people who knew people, sent in a resume. They flew her in (!) for a one-day interview, then made her a job offer the next day.

All this happened last week.

On Friday, her and I hung out (while Suzanne and a friend of hers went to see some girl group who was playing in town) to celebrate her good fortune. She then told me that she was leaving to her new gig next weekend. Which, for those playing along at home, is four days away.

Yes, I realize that I never had a chance with her (witness the Great Christmas Debacle). And yes, I realize that I'm still currently with someone. But it still sucks. A great woman whom I've gotten to know over the last 13 months is leaving. I figured she'd spread her wings sometime, but I never thought it'd be so soon.

Last December, I sulked around for about two or three days. I hope I'm not as bad this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home