The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, September 05, 2005

WHAT NOW?

(Copied from my new myspace blog. Links removed for convenience and anonymity's sake.)

So I see that my friend Nessa is running 26 miles. Another one of my friends actually doing something as I sit idly by. I'm 27, in a relationship that I don't really want to be in, in a house that I don't want to be living in. Yes, I know I can change all this on my own, but I feel like I can't, at least not right now, anyway.

So, I guess it's high time that I try something outside of myself. I could do the marathon thing too, but I doubt that my legs would keep up. I could try getting a new job, but I just started the one I'm in currently. I could try moving, but that's more hassle and expense than I'm willing to put up with. So, it's time for me to get off my ass and try something that I've talked about trying for a long time, but never got the nerve to go through with.

Time for open-mic night.

My friend's dad has performed stand-up comedy at an Austin comedy club; I've seen him a few times and thought, "I could do that." So now, I figure it's time that I actually do it.

Now, time to set a timetable. The local comedy club has open mic twice a week, Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons. I figure I want my Saturdays free to watch the Longhorns, so I guess I'll go on a Friday. To come up with enough material, I figure I'll need about two months. Going through my calendar, it looks like November 4 is a good time to do it. So...

WHAT: My Stand-Up Debut
WHO: If you have to ask...
WHERE: Rivercenter Comedy Club, San Antonio, TX
WHEN: Friday, November 4, 5:30 p.m.

Feel free to check in on prod my progress along the way. Wish me luck, folks. I'm gonna need it.

1 Comments:

  • i hope the person you're in a relationship with doesn't read either of your blogs!! (hi, i'm neverecho, pico's friend, the one on the sports blog who doesn't know anything about sports).

    By Blogger neverecho, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home