The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Last night, I hung out with some people that I met at last weekend's retreat. During the night, a gal named Diane (I believe that was her name) came up to me and talked with me for a bit.

She was a leader of a small group, one that happened to include Suzanne. At a prayer service held during the weekend, she ended up praying over both of us. It was at different times, and for (I assume) different reasons, but we both went to her station.

Last night, Diane told me a story about how she was talking with Suzanne about how nice it is being at a retreat with her boyfriend. Suzanne then told her that we had broken up.

After relaying this story to me, she told me, "I got the feeling that you and her are on different spiritual planes, and that's why it didn't work out." That statement has been on my mind ever since, even though I'm not exactly sure what to do with it.

1 Comments:

  • In all honesty, Greg, from the LITTLE bit of information I have about it all, I think that the "different spiritual plains" MIGHT have contributed, but there is more than just the spiritual thing.

    Face it: The fact that she's "Cutesy-wootsy" and you find that irritating has nothing to do with spiritual plains. Personality conflicts happen, too.

    Besides, there's nothing wrong with being in different places, spiritually. NO TWO PEOPLE are in the same place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home