The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I got a woman's phone number last night.

I went back to Theology on Tap last night (last mentioned here) to hear a local priest talk. The man's pretty well known around town, even has a weekly call-in TV show. He was speaking about discernment, relating his own tale about how he became a priest. I really enjoyed the talk, a lot more than the one last week. I even got the nerve to ask a question. ("How does one learn to think theologically?") I also saw Suzanne there. I waved to her, but that was all.

After the talk, I started talking with a guy I met a couple of weeks ago at my church's young adult group meeting. There was a gal standing next to him that I thought was his date. Turns out it was just a woman that was standing next to him. The three of us talked for a while, mostly about kids and the challenges of being a single parent. Obviously, I didn't contribute much to the conversation. I made my way out, but not before getting both their phone numbers. His number, because I figure I need to start hanging out with guys more often. Her number because... well, do I really need to explain? Actually, I thought that those two would get along pretty well, but we'll have to see what happens.

As for actually getting the number, I really don't know what came over me. To tell the truth, I think it was just because I felt so comfortable in that environment, being among young Catholics and all. So I guess I need to find the Catholic bars around town... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home