The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Tonight, I went to an event put on by the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Theology on Tap. A series of talks on a series of topics relating to Catholicism as it relates to "young people," located at a downtown bar. Tonight's topic: sexuality. The speaker was a gentleman who was the director of Marriage and Family Life. During the talk, I came to one of two possible conclusions to take away from the talk.

One: this guy's not the best speaker I've ever heard.
Two: maybe I'm not Catholic after all.

I came in late, 5 minutes into his 30 minute speech. He was in the middle of a short mention of homosexuality that might have been more apropos of a Prop. 2 victory party. After speaking about that, the evils of cohabitation, in vitro fertilization, and other such things, I found myself disagreeing with just about everything the man said. That's when I realized that all he was mentioning was the party line. And that's when I began to worry. Am I really so horrible to go so against the church that I've grown up with? What do I do about it?

Needless to see, some soul-searching will be happening in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home