The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Post #400.

Almost 4 years ago, my friend Amy told about something she had known as a "weblog." I started reading, and, after some time, decided to try it myself.

To be honest, this is the first sort of journal that I've consistently kept for any significant length of time. I can show you quite a few paper journals that never made it past a week or two. I started blogging partly to get my frustrations out, partly to join the fad, and partly to keep up writing. For whatever reason, even though I didn't do it a whole lot in school, I did/do enjoy writing (especially when I'm the main subject). I'm not sure if this exercise has made me a better writer, I'll leave that up to the audience to decide.

As for any sort of self-discovery that's happened along the way? I'm not sure. The 4th post dealt with Suzanne, the first of many. (I do promise that I will try to limit mentions of her in the future.) I doubt that I've learned any sort of Important Life Lessons during this process, I've probably just found better words to use to describe my feelings.

At the beginning of all this, I had fantasies of becoming the Next Big Internet Thing. Now, I'd consider myself lucky if I grew my readership to more than 20 people. But I do thank all those that have come by to look into my life. I can only promise more of the same in the future. (And, one of these days, I'll finally get around to explaining the whole Mike Remlinger thing...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home