The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, November 06, 2006

COMPANIONSHIP
(Been a while since I've done one of these...)

"Hey Greg, I need to e-mail you. There's this song that I heard that you might like."

So said a friend to me after a church group meeting last night. I've known her from the group for about a year or so, and have just started getting to know her outside the group over the last few months. I refer to her as my "single" friend because whenever we get together, all we really end up talking about is dating. Dates we've had, dating strategies, etc.

My friend has told me about a book that she read some time ago, "When God Writes Your Love Story," written by Eric and Leslie Ludy. My friend's not told me too many specifics about the book (I assume she may recommend that I read it), but I assume it has something to do with Christian courtship.

After dinner with some of the guys from the group, I called my friend to say hi, since we didn't get a chance to talk for long after the meeting. She gave me the URL, and I decided to give it a listen. Now, I'm not the world's biggest fan of Christian music. To me, "Christian artist" is usually code for "weak songwriter." This song is no exception. But it did make me think.

Is God preparing her for me? Is God preparing me for her? And if this is the preparation, what will the finished product look like? Should I really be praying for her to come along? Should I be praying for her, period?

If you'd like some insight into a couple of crazy Christian kids' idea of romance, download the song. If nothing else, it's free...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home