The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, November 01, 2006



This is my brother, Eddie. He was born 37 years ago today.

He died 11 years ago this past summer.

I actually had the day off today, and I had some plans made for what I was going to do: watch my friend and I on TV, go to Mass, get my car looked at, and visit my brother's grave (not in that particular order).

What I ended up doing was watching TV and doing laundry. (Granted, it was needed to be done, but still...)

I don't know that I've completed mourning for Eddie. Couple that with the fact that I don't know that I've completed mourning over the end of things with Suzanne, and that may explain why I've been in so much of a funk over the past few weeks.

I've now outlived my brother by over 2 years. Combine that with my dad's health issues (things are fine, more details to come), and that's REALLY making me a nice person to be around.

Happy Birthday, Eddie. Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon.

1 Comments:

  • Mourning is such a complicated process. I hope you have some days that feel a bit lighter soon.

    By Blogger ~profgrrrrl~, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home