The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yet another event that should probably shock me into living healthier...

A co-worker of mine had a mild stroke.

This co-worker is 26 years old.

According to a blog he posted on myspace, he's been through a lot in his personal life. Broke up with a gal he was talking about marrying, been taking MBA courses at the local uni, and working at the call center dealing with angry clients for eight hours a day.

The pictures of him drinking with his buddies don't really make him the model of health (though I have referred to him as "a cut Buster Poindexter" in the past). But, yet again, another red flag waving in front of me telling me to take better care of myself. Of course, the Chik-Fil-A sandwich I had for lunch today didn't help.

Here's to a no-meat Friday tomorrow! (Then again, with V coming into town tomorrow, I can take solace in the fact that beer is made from whole grain...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home