The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, September 15, 2006

At 10:51 this morning, I turned down sex.

I've spent the rest of the day convincing myself it was a good idea.

She's the friend of a friend who I met a few years ago. Currently, she lives in College Station. We've been fuck buddies for a while now, our last encounter coming about three or four years ago (whenever it was that John McCain was on Saturday Night Live, don't ask me how I remember that). She did state that I was the most skilled person she'd been with, which is a bit scandalous considering the whole Aggie-Longhorn thing.

The other night, she sent me a text message celebrating the fact that she had just quit her job at a pet store. Two days and approximately 150 text messages later, we had made tentative plans for her to drive from Houston to see me on Saturday. The plan wasn't even for hanging out or anything, just sex.

This morning, while getting ready for work, all sorts of thoughts went through my head, including...

  • How would this affect the sabbatical?
  • Would my performance meet her expectations?
  • What would Jesus do?
  • Am I going to be okay for work on Sunday?
  • My place is REALLY gonna need cleaning...

A moment of moral clarity came on the drive into work, while Harvey Danger's "Flagpole Sitta" was on the radio. (I have a feeling that will be the only time in recorded history that sentence will be typed.) During my first break, I sent the following:

I'm not sure it's a good idea if you visit Saturday. Been going through some
stuff lately, not sure if messing around will help matters. Hope you
understand.



Earnest, if not honest. She replied that she did, and that was that. Since then, I've been trying to see if there's anyway to go back. But, after talking with G about it, I guess I did end up doing the right thing. (She did say she was proud of me, and that's got to count for something, right?)

Anyway, instead of hot sweaty monkey sex, I get to watch hot sweaty guys play football tomorrow. At least there's a possibility of barbecue involved...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home