The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, May 21, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Today is my actual birthday, but yesterday was the big party. Turned out to have quite a few family members come out, along with a few friends. I was a bit disappointed in the number of work friends that came out (zero), but, as my mom told me earlier today, "The people that came are the ones that really care about you."

Brisket, basketball and beer were the order of the day. There would have been some swimming if clouds hadn't decided to make their presence known. After the game and clean-up, a buddy and I made an impromptu trip to Austin for Mexican food and drinks.

Today brings some rain, as well as a debate to get another sort of birthday gift later on. More than likely, it just means for time for me to sit and think about how to get to the "next level" that I've been telling friends about.

29... this is going to take some getting used to.

1 Comments:

  • Happy (belated) birthday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home