The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, April 30, 2007

I thought that, after Saturday, I was really over it. I thought I could move on. On the way into work this morning, I might have begun the next phase.

Then , at 8:32 a.m., Michelle Branch came on the radio.

Back when we were dating, I remember softly singing "Everywhere" to her in my room one night. A few weeks later, we broke up. A few weeks after that, we both attended a retreat, during which one of the speakers used that song for her talk. I remember seeing her head drop, as I sarcastically pumped my fist.

So I guess I'm not over it. If this morning served as an example, the following are off limits to me: Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts movies, puppies, Led Zepplin, PT Cruisers, mimosas, Austin and USAA.

Leaves me with plenty of options, no?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home