The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, April 19, 2007

DATELINE: G'S PLACE

You know, I used to think I had good timing. Now, not so much.

G's got herself a man who lives out of town. For a couple of weeks leading up to my visit, things were looking like they were on the verge of breaking up. But, thanks to some renewed efforts on his part, they're still together. She's happy, which makes me feel good. Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel like the proverbial monkey wrench.

They were supposed to have a "phone date" at around 8 or 9 this evening. She ended up missing it due to dinner with me and two friends of hers. She left our table for what seemed like thirty minutes while talking with him on her cell in another part of the restaurant. (I was preoccupied with one of my tablemate's attempt to flirt with our cute waitress, so at least the time went by quickly.)

When it turned out that V wasn't going to be coming along on this trip like originally planned, all sorts of awkwardness came into play. Instead of me staying with G, she booked me a room at the Best Western for two nights. Tomorrow night, her man is coming into town. Only then will I be actually hanging my hat here.

I'm not sure where all of this drama is coming from; I didn't come here to break anyone up. I just wanted to hang out with my friend before she left Music City, and see the Roots and Naughty by Nature. Now I get to deal with awkwardness for the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home