The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, December 23, 2007

A buddy and I were talking over some beers Friday night, when I told him how I wanted to make 2008 a banner year. I'm turning 30, and I figure I'd like to hit adulthood running. I told him about resolutions I made in the past. Going through the archives, I discovered I never actually posted how I did on each of those. Better late than never, no?

CASH
Goal: accumulate $15,000 in liquid assets.
What happened: Didn't get that much cash, but I did become a homeowner, so my overall net worth increased considerably.

COMPANIONSHIP
Goal: Date at least three women during the first three months of the year.
What happened: I believe I got 2/3 of the way. K and I went out on Valentine's that February, but she proceeded to forget all about it in an end-of-year survey she posted on myspace.

CATHOLICISM
Goal: Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church by year's end.
What happened: Pages in my copy of the Catechism- 756. Pages I read- 6.

CURVES
Goal: Weigh 140-150 pounds by my 28th birthday.
What happened: Honestly, I don't think I even came close to 160.

CRUISIN'
Goal: Visit the 2006 Calgary Stampede.
What happened: You saw it, didn't you?

COMEDY
Goal: Perform at a comedy club open-mic night.
What happened: Let's just say the amount of writing I did for that is equal to the amount of writing that's going on in L.A. right now.

CONSORT
Goal: make at least one social outing per week.
What happened: The wheels seemed to come off in February, after the Chinese New Year's party.

CAREER
Goal: Take the GMAT and enroll in an MBA program beginning Fall 2006, or go on at least one job interview this year.
What happened: No GMAT/grad school (much to my parents' dismay), but I did end up getting a promotion.

I'm thinking about hitting these areas once again, with some modified/more specific goals. More to come. Merry Christmas Eve-Eve, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home