The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, December 03, 2007

How do you break up with someone you're not together with?

I guess it's high time for an update with my new friend. Gina and I have been going out for the past few weeks, but we've not progressed to any sort of comitted relationship. Her wall, her friends, her drinking and smoking have been the major obstacles in us getting closer.

Maybe it's my fault for falling a bit too hard. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't picking out china or designing a website or anything, but I did like her quite a bit. I never got that same feeling from her, though.

The day after her sister's birthday party, about a week ago, I tried to have The Talk via text message. She was going to bed and replied she couldn't answer the "Where do you see things going with us?" question. The next day, I tried calling her to ask the question again, and (true to form) got her voicemail. I haven't heard from her since then, and I really haven't taken much effort to talk to her (save for including her in a mass text I sent last Friday asking for drinking buddies).

I was ready to send her a myspace message ending things, but you can't really end something that isn't started, correct? I guess I'll chalk this up as something to give me more experience and knowledge on what not to do (namely, show any emotion).

It was fun while it lasted, I guess...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • And you wanted to be in a relationship with a girl whose lifestyle is the opposite of yours because...? Consider yourself lucky and move on happily.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home