The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, June 28, 2002

So I have a new bestest friend. She lives in SoCal. Her name is Lauren.

After giving her mention last night (as well as putting a message on her little chat box), she gave me a mention on her page today! Whoo-hoo! My first off-site plug! Needless to say, she's cool in my book.

Reading up on her blog more closely today, I did find something intriguing. Namely, the discussion of her sister's snake. And I quote..."come to think of it, he's probably not a huge fan of the fact that i'm an alcoholic, pot-smoking agnostic lesbian, but like i said--i shamefully hide."

You know, such is the beauty of the Internet. Only through the magic of cyber-space can a person like that and a person like me have any sort of connection. I know, college is supposed to expand my bounds socially, mentally, etc. But I feel like I haven't fully explored my social boundaries. I've never hung out with a Hindu or Indian person for any length of time. Never had a conversation about religion with a Wiccan. (Or a Christian for that matter...) Never dated a lesbian. (Though I did kiss a bi-sexual girl once, but that was during a game of Truth or Dare, so it didn't really count...)

Just made me wonder whether Ms. Lauren and I would actually hang out in the real world if the geographic circumstances permitted it. Anyway, I need to get going. Me and the family are celebrating my pa's 55th birthday by eating barbecue. Yi-pee-ki-yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home