The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, December 06, 2004

I went to Borders today to continue my Christmas shopping, and saw something pretty interesting.

There was a large group of people in the upstairs part of the store that I could see through the windows. I went up there to see what the commotion was about, and found that there was an author signing going on. The author: Joel Osteen. He was there signing his book, Your Best Life Now. Now, I'm not familiar with the book, nor the author (other than seeing him on TV). But it surprised me how long of a line there was at the store. I hadn't seen a line that long for anything since the Spurs last won the NBA championship.

While I was there, I browsed the CD section, and happened upon a disc from an up and coming singer-songwriter. (Bad thing is, I just found out I could have saved $3-$4 if I bought the thing on the official website. Guess I should look into this e-commerce thing.)
Not a bad album from what I've heard; I'm usually not one to buy singer-songwriter stuff, always reminds me of the bad singer-songwriters that make up 2% of Austin's population. I was also thinking about buying William Shatner's CD, but decided against it. (Although, if someone wants to get it for me for Christmas, I'd be grateful.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home