The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, January 26, 2006

COMPANIONSHIP
Yeah, so I had a date that I need to tell you about.

K and I did dinner and a movie. Dinner was nice, we caught up about things that were new with the both of us (my job and the UT rally, her new job and her broken foot). At the theater, we ran into a friend of hers who was a manager-type. We had some small talk, then headed to the screen for our feature presentation. I put the armrest up so I could do the old Greg Brady move. Little did I know that it would put us in a sticky situation, literally.

Seems someone decided the underside of the armrest would make a good place to put their used wintergreen chewing gum. The stuff got on my shirt, her sweater and in her hair. We spent a little bit trying to get the stuff off us, but gave it up so we wouldn't miss the movie. (The film, btw, was great. Though I'd say there was more wardrobe than lion in the movie, but that's just me...)

After the film, we took the elevator back down to the ground level. During the ride, we kissed. (All together now... awww...) I walked her to her car, we kissed some more, and then she left. A nice night, overall.

Since then? Nothing much to report. She started a new job, we've talked a couple of times via AIM, but no other dates since then. This slow pace is driving me nuts. I want to hang out with her more, be with her more, learn more about her, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to choke this thing to death, but it just seems like things are going at a snail's pace. I'll try not to over-analyze this. Besides, if recent history is any guide, I'll find some way to fuck this up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home