The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, January 07, 2006

NEXT RESOLUTION CATEGORY: COMEDY

I know I've talked about this before, this desire of mine to explore my comedic side. I've had this idea in mind for a long time. But a lot of things seem to be holding me back. Am I really funny? Can I really come up with funny lines and ideas on my own, instead of borrowing from things I've heard over the years? Would I be able to stand in front of a bunch of people and try to make them laugh without wetting myself?

Of course, a job like the one Pico's friend has looks really nice too. (Probably not one where I'd have to wear a headset all day...) I know a job like that isn't the easiest to get. I don't even have the foggiest idea on how to really get started (other than packing the car and heading west on I-10). I do figure that it's high time I actually take the first step. So, the resolution here...

Perform at a comedy club open-mic night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home