The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, January 02, 2006

It's resolution time!

Another January, another time to look at where and how I can improve myself. Rather than another mega-post, I'm going to break this up into a few posts. Hopefully, this way, instead of one intimidating goal, I'll have a few not-so-intimidating ones.

FIRST CATEGORY: CASH

Back in early May, I reached a low point in my finances, only having a little over a hundred dollars in my checking account. It's amazing how having a paying job changes one's account balance. But, I can't really work in the financial field and not at least try to improve my own financial picture. After watching as much CNBC as a person possibly could, I figure I can do this pretty easily by saving and investing. Currently, between two bank accounts and an investment account, I've got about $11,000 to my name. (I have Best Buy and Under Armour to thank for that, partly...) They say that 8% is an average annual return in the stock market, but resolutions aren't about being average, are they? So, my first resolution of 2006:

Accumulate liquid assets totalling $15,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home