The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Pico did this in his private LJ (all the cool kids are going "friends-only," it seems...), I figured it'd be fun to give it a shot.

GREG'S YEAR IN REVIEW
"2005 is going to be a good year."- Pico, in a comment on my post on Jan. 2.

January:
Kissed my ex in Austin to ring in 2005. Became a participant in the National Body Challenge. Got a job. Quit match.com. Started studying for my Series 6 exam.

February:
Find out about the wonders of teledildonics. Continue studying financial topics. Start becoming a gym rat.

March:
Go to truly unbelievable lengths for a booty call. Become angry with my alma mater when I find they're bringing in Ryan Cabrera for a concert on campus. See one of the Real World kids in the flesh, drinking and keeping homely girls at arm's length.

April:
"Reached out and touched" a young lady at a bar. Spent a day with V learning new and wonderful things about Catholicism, followed by my falling asleep during Mass. Celebrated a gal's 21st birthday by taking her out for drinks and other such activities.

May:
Quit my job. Turned 27. Celebrated with friends, one of whom had his car damaged. Hooked up with my ex. Saw my cousin graduate from a prestigious private math and science high school in North Carolina. Petted goats. Fed a horse. Shared a hotel room with my parents (and, thanks to their snoring, got no sleep). Got a job offer.

June:
Started a new job. Traveled to Corpus Christi to see two friends of mine get married. Got my first foreign postcard. Celebrated the Spurs' 3rd championship.

July:
Hung out a lot with Suzanne.

August:
Passed my Series 7 test (in about 1/2 to 1/3 of the time it took for me to take my Series 6 at the previous job). Saw John Legend in person. Saw G off.

September:
My highest-paying job ever became even more high-paying. Became overly familiar with storm systems.

October:
Saw B.B. King in concert. Saw a Henry Rollins spoken word show. Made my ex think I was going to propose to her. Went to a weekend retreat during the weekend of the Texas-OU game, wherein I broke up with Suzanne, witnessed a near-possesion, and played silly games. Planned an elaborate road trip, and had said plans dashed after protests from my folks.

November:
Ended up in Portland. Saw mountains, the Pacific Ocean, and Saucy-Drunk Suse. Got a number at a bar less than an hour after running into my ex at the same bar. Worked on Thanksgiving.

December:
Enjoyed a pretty good Christmas. Started seeing someone new. Started talks to buy a condo.

You know, Pico... I think you were right after all.

2 Comments:

  • dude, that is a pretty good year. in comparison, my hear had a lot of low points! congrats. maybe we should both do plans for 2006... because why shouldn't that be a good year too, right?

    By Blogger Norman Rose, at 8:13 AM  

  • What did you have in mind?

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home