The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, January 02, 2005

I tell you, there must be something to this whole "turning the page" thing.

New Year's Eve was rather enjoyable. Went with my friend James and others en masse to a club in downtown Austin to see a band called Blaze. (I've seen them before, they're pretty good.) The night saw many things: some good music, funny hats, champagne at midnight, and a girl for me to kiss.

That's right, a girl. And who was the girl, you ask? None other than the ex, Suzanne.

She'd written me a short e-mail and Christmas Eve to see how I was. I decided to see if she wanted to join us. Ironically, she was in Austin with her folks for the night. We had some fun, caught up on what's been going on since we last talked. She called me once since that night to see if I got back okay. Hopefully we'll be able to be friends this time around. (Profgrrrl, if you have any suggestions, feel free...)

Also on New Year's Eve, I got a response from a gal named Beth to an ad for a workout partner I put out on Craigslist some time back. After some e-mailing back and forth, she called me up today to see if I wanted to do some jogging/walking. We got together at the Med. Center, and had an enjoyable 30 minutes of working out. She jogs regularly, so I had to keep up. (I just know my legs are going to love me tomorrow.) She's pretty nice; just moved to town about four months ago, but none too happy about the town so far. Hopefully that'll change, but hopefully, I'll have a reason to begin working out regularly.

And to top off the evening in a grand manner? A call from G. It's the first time I've talked with her since the fateful night on the Riverwalk. Turns out her cell phone has been on the fritz, and has been super-busy with work stuff. She did appreciate the gift I got for her (she saved it for Christmas Day), so I was relieved I didn't waste $50 glad.

A little over 16 hours until an interview I have tomorrow. Wish me luck, everyone...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home