The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NEXT CATEGORY: CRUISIN'

sojourn- n : a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)

So I'm looking to expand my travel horizons. I have some ideas of places I'd like to go. Return to NYC to visit the other boroughs. Return to L.A. to try once again to called to "come on down." Return to Kansas to see how old friends are doing. Sure, I'd love to go overseas. But I have neither enough money, or enough time off to really enjoy a foreign trip how I would like.

But I did get a week off in July. (Actually, a company rule requires that all employees take 5 consecutive days off. What a great rule, eh?) I see that the week comes in the middle of "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth." All I need to accomplish this one is some cash and a passport, so...

Visit the 2006 Calgary Stampede.

(I get the feeling this may be another resolution Raelyn and I can do together...)

(EDIT: changed category name to keep up the alliteration. Silly, I know, but I need some way to keep these all straight...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home