The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, January 02, 2006

NEXT CATEGORY: CURVES (Or, specifically, losing the curves I have currently.)

175.4: My weight at the beginning of last year's National Boday Challenge.
172.0: My weight tonight.

Food's been somewhat of an issue for me in the past few years. Back in the beginning of 2002, one week before I started my last semester at UT, I had major oral surgery. In order to let my jaws and mouth heal properly, I was on a liquid (later "upgraded" to soft food) diet for about 3 months or so. I believe I was almost at 180 lbs. at the time my mouth was cut, I dropped to around 150 a few weeks later. When I was cleared to eat solid foods, I jumped in with both feet, soon going back to the 170's. I tried eating somewhat healthier (with moderate success) last year during the Challenge, but after May or so, the wheels came off. Fell off the wagon, thanks to the "allure" of fried chicken and other fast food. (Trying to win $1,000,000 in the McDonald's Monopoly game didn't help matters, either.) Add in the fact that I have one of the most sedentary occupations imaginable, and this won't be easy. But I do have some reasons for motivation: a reason to get out of the house, better fitting clothes, and a 10-year high school reunion on the horizon among them. Using the formula for calculating BMI, and using 23 as a target number...

Weigh 140-150 pounds by my 28th birthday.

1 Comments:

  • Lose 20 lbs in five months? Completely do-able! How about we try this together?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home